God asked me a question today: Am I the Captain of your ship? "Seek His will in all you do, and He will show you which path to take." Proverbs 3:6 We are all afloat in troubled waters. Our journeys differ, but the destination remains the same for us all: The Choice. At the end of our life, our quest upon the seas, we arrive at the port of eternity - with God, or without Him. Many have chosen His Way, and it is to you that I write today. You have made God your Lord, but have you allowed Him to captain your ship? The world's oceans run deep and dark, filled with immeasurable joy and fathomless pain. Without God at the helm to decide our headings, we float adrift. The wind grabs our sails and says, "Go this way." It's often too late that we realize the coaxing winds are tossing us into the hurricane. We desperately need a Captain to guide the way, to say No to the sinful winds and the storms of the self-righteous. The world tells us to set our ow...
Wednesday, May 19, 2094 Alexandria, Louisiana District No patient notes today. I'm weary from travel, but wanted to get a few things written down, if for no other reason than to decompress. When we docked at Davis Island, two armed River Port Security officers stormed aboard the Adeline . My stomach dropped like a lead weight into a pond, and all the bile tossing around in there threatened to resurface. I quickly retreated to my room when I saw them on the dock waiting for the ship to moor. If they were coming for me, I wanted my belongings. When I heard boots stomping on the hallway outside my door, I cried. By some miracle, they passed. I watched, baffled, as they towed a handcuffed passenger off the ship and down the dock. The rumors spread that he had seditious material, and had been distributing the printed propaganda at every port call we had made. The man's name was William, and he often kept to himself. I had no contact with him during our journey. I feel asha...
Saturday, May 15, 2094 Port Pemiscot, Missouri District 16:45 Once word got out yesterday there was a physician on-board, the floodgates opened wide. I'll admit that hearing greetings of, "Hey, Doc!" and "Hi, Doctor Cora" has brightened my time here. 06:30 - Patient: Teddy Knox, age 7. Foreign object removal from left ear canal (two pearls). Loaned his mother, Callie Knox, needle and thread to restring her grandmother's necklace. Callie insisted I take a dozen apples as payment. 07:13 - Patients: Identical twin brothers Ed and Ned Dorley, age 56. Both complained of a toothache in the same lower right quadrant of the jaw. Both presented with nearly identical abscesses in size and shape. Applied coconut oil infused with garlic with sterile swab, and provided enough for self-application three times daily. Will follow-up with them each evening. Graciously declined payment of a 2-yr old faithful egg-laying hen. 09:50 - Patient: Bucky, a Pekingese pup...
Comments
Post a Comment